We take the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously at Forest Hill Team Ministry. Our Parish Safeguarding Officer is Sara Sanbrook-Davies (+447960963013) and our St Michael’s officer is Jo Musundi. Our Churchwardens at St George’s are Sara Sanbrook-Davies and Judy Davis and our Churchwardens at St Michael’s are Sandra Jempson and Maureen Laurence. They can be contacted through the parish office on 020 8613 0295 / 020 8778 4563 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact our priest, Rev’d Richard Lane, at the Vicarage on +442086994111.
*** Covid-19 Update ***
While the current pandemic is a difficult time for everyone, we are aware that for some families the extra stress and pressure is pushing people past breaking point. It’s a time to be attentive to our families, friends and neighbours, as well as ourselves. Help is available if you need it and below are places that you can find it. And don’t forget you can be in touch with us too!
- The 24/7 National Domestic Abuse helpline, which offers support to victims and people affected by domestic abuse, is free to call on 0808 2000 247.
- The Respect Phoneline provides confidential advice and support to help perpetrators stop being violent and abusive, and is free to call 0808 8024040
- Men’s Advice Line: 0808 801 0327 a confidential helpline for male victims of domestic violence and those supporting them www.mensadviceline.org.uk
- Karma Nirvana: 0800 5999 247 Mon to Fri 9am–5pm supporting victims of honour based abuse and forced marriage www.karmanirvana.org.uk
- Hour Glass: 0808 808 8141 challenging the abuse of older people in all its forms www.wearehourglass.org
- Galop LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0800 999 5428 www.galop.org.uk
- Childline: 0800 1111 If you’re a child or young person and domestic abuse is happening in your home or relationship.
For more information about support services that are available, go to https://www.met.police.uk/
In addition, the National Safeguarding Teams Guidance on Domestic Abuse can be found at https://www.churchofengland.
If you have concerns and need help with child or adult safeguarding then please contact one of the following organisations:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline:
0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline:
0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline:
116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline:
080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9- 5pm).
You can also contact our Diocesan Safeguarding Officers:
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Hugh Constant
- email@example.com 020 7939 9423 Mobile 07982 279713 (for urgent matters out of hours)
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers, Marie Daly and Louise Vernon
The diocese also now has a safeguarding Duty Line number for out of hours assistance, which is 0203 874 6743 which is being attended to by Hugh, Marie and Louise.
We are actively engaged with making church a safe place for everyone who enters our doors, especially children and vulnerable adults. Click here for Southwark Diocese’s policies and procedures.
If you have any safeguarding concerns, please contact us using the information at the bottom of the page.